Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

TODAY is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Okay, so I'm over my bellyaching and have wrapped up my pity party.  I've put on my big girl panties and I'm dealing with the world.

TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!  I am currently sitting at the computer next to a wide open window.

Ella and I started the day differently than most...I had to wake her up!  We had things to do and people to see, so she needed to get on out of bed.  I should've woken her up 15 minutes earlier than I did because we ran a solid 15 mintues late all morning.

First, we headed to the gym.  If you're not on facebook (or you aren't one of my facebook "friends") then you missed my new lease on life...my list of positive changes!  We have been members of the YMCA for over a year now and I'm going to get accomplished what I set out to a full year ago.  Sure, I went strong at first, but then I met these great moms and started having lots and lots of playdates.  I'm going to apologize to those moms now because playdates are going to be less frequent or we're just going to be late a lot since I'm determined to hit the gym at least three times during the week.  Yep - I'm going to get there by 8 a.m. (goal), drop Ella off with those lovely ladies in childwatch, and head to the ActivTrax machine to get my designed workout.  Which reminds me...I need to do the ab work I didn't get to this morning...
So far this week I've done three FULL BODY workouts - 20-30 minutes of cardio, weights, and ab work.  After that I'm disgusting so I also take advantage of those non-water-saver showers in the locker room and get dandied up before we head elsewhere for the morning.  Ella is in childwatch for a full hour and a half to close to two hours and she LOVES IT!!!  Those ladies take great care of her and she has lots to do and lots of friends to play with.

Today after our (shortened) workout, we headed to the church to get my church work done.  I started singing U2's Beautiful Day (since it wasn't on the radio) at the top of my lungs with my windows down.  Ella found this quite amusing as did anyone we passed as we slowly exited the parking lot.  It just really is a beautiful day!

Over the past couple of days I've had at least two friends (on facebook) post about being positive in the day.  "Waking up on this side of the grass" means that I'm alive and I owe God my happy thankfulness no matter what else is going on.  I'm determined to make that my mantra.

Here are a few more things that I'm looking forward to happening in the next four days:
Tonight - my friend Angie's baby shower.  I get to celebrate another tiny God-creation.  And I just found out my friend, Angela, is pregnant and she'll be at the shower tonight so I get to hug her and just love on another momma-to-be.
Tomorrow - a Mom's Morning Out bike ride with some Richmond Mommies.  This was so much fun two weeks ago that I want to do it every week.  It is a good workout with some new friends followed by excellent coffee at Starbucks.
Sunday - Ella is MOVING UP TO TODDLERS at church.  Yes, a bit early, but she's so much older than the other babies in the nursery and her development is on par with one of the kids who is older than she is.  I'm a little sad that she's not a "baby" any more, but so excited that she's going to get to learn Bible lessons and make Bible crafts.  I have her little backpack ready to go with diapers, a sippy cup, and her little Bible.
Monday - BACK TO BIBLE STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!  We're going to study Beth Moore's Revelation Here and Now, Then and There.  SO EXCITED!!!  It is really a blessing to spend two hours each Monday morning with a bunch of ladies of all ages talking about God and praying together.
GOD'S BLESSINGS ABOUND!

Before I leave you, I ask that you remember tomorrow the very unexpected sacrifice made by many Americans 9 years ago.  I will never forget where I was when the terrorist attack happened.  I also ask that you remember that not every Muslim is extreme.  Just like not every Christian feels the need to blow up an abortion clinic. 
I also want to ask everyone to continue praying for our troops overseas.  Today, many news outlets are saying that President Obama has concluded U.S. combat operations in Iraq.  My cousin, Hailey, is currently serving in Baghdad, Iraq and she says that this is not 100% the truth.  She is afraid that Americans will take their eyes off of Iraq not realizing that the troops there are still in grave danger.  They still carry their guns as they go about business.  They are still attacked.  There are still bombs.  Please pray for our troops - whether or not you agree with the war or if you did or did not vote for the current or past president. 
I'll get down off my soapbox now.  Hailey, I love you and I'm praying for you always.

1 comment:

Evelyn Louise said...

Are you sure it wasn't just my music player at the bottom of the blog? I just added it this week and of course, I put Beautiful Day at the top.