Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Blessings...

My status on Facebook today:
November 30, 2011 - Today I am thankful that I have such an incredibly "comfortable" life. Leaving the gas station today, there was a woman (pretty young) with her very beautiful dog sitting at the corner with a cardboard scrap that said, "Trying to get home for Christmas". I gave her $20. I know, I'm not supposed to give cash out of my window, but it was what I had and I had it to spare. We've also been able to donate a toy to Toys For Tots (Ella picked one she has and loves), money to the red kettle for the Salvation Army, and the donation for a meal at the Martin's checkout. If my life weren't so comfortable, these little things wouldn't be possible. Thank you God for more blessings than 30 days worth of posts.
We are blessed beyond measure, aren't we? 
I went back and read my post about being content.  I'm almost there and have an addendum to post next week... but today, I am fully focused on all that I have.  
Today was Ella's 3-year-old check up.  While I may not have those five kids that I had once planned to have... I have one incredibly healthy little girl.



She amazes me (and frustrates me) with something new every day.  If I never have another child, I'll consider myself beyond blessed to have this one.
I have a car that is nearly paid off...
I have a house that is "ours" and is as much room as we really need...
I have a family who loves me and supports me in anything and everything I do...
I have everything I need and most everything I could ever want.
Aren't you blessed too?

No comments: