Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Really, Really Bad at Blogging

So I'm the first to admit that I am AWFUL at blogging.  Despite wanting to blog weekly, I just can't seem to make the time.  Oh, the time is there...I just end up doing other things...like reading and posting on Richmond Mommies.

So what's happened since the last time I posted?  This:

This happened!  SNOW, SNOW and more SNOW.  My sidewalk is still covered (since it never gets sun) and the same for my driveway which is now a solid sheet of ice.  If I thought taking a hairdryer out and melting it to the ground would do the trick, I think I would.  Except I'd get cold too fast and quit.  I can't get warm.  I'm cold all the time and that hasn't happened since I got pregnant.

Let's see...what else?  Oh - I turned 32.  It was a very eventful day.  Jeff got up at 2:30 a.m. very, very sick.  All the plans for the day went out the window because I wasn't going to leave him alone just yet.  He seemed to be better by lunch, but that all went south again around 5:00.  Originally, we were going out to dinner with his family, but that got moved around (and not yet rescheduled) because of his brothers' schedules.  So, since my friend Amy had planned a girls night out that I thought I wasn't going to go to (due to dinner with the fam), I called the girls and said I might be there.  Then, I quickly arranged for mom to keep Ella at her apartment while I went out.  Jeff wasn't thrilled with the idea, but like the loving hubby he is - he let me go have some goodness on my actual birthday.  I met my girlfriends - Amy, Bridget, Katie (not Quinn), and Whitney - at The Cheesecake Factory in Short Pump.  Amy ordered a yummy app & bought she & I drinks (just one a piece); then I ate steak for dinner; and Whitney bought me cheesecake.  After being serenaded by the waiters, Bridget got this picture of me getting ready to blow out my candle:
The cheesecake was YUMMY, by the way.  It was a great night.  I picked up an asleep little girl (who woke up as soon as we went out in the rain) and then spent an hour getting her back to sleep once we were home.  Well worth it.
That Friday night, Jeff invited my parents over to dinner and came home with Hardees Fried Chicken and an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  We had a small belated birthday party for me.  It was nice.  Jeff gave me a family membership to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens - which I was dying for.  I can't wait to take Ella to play in the children's garden this spring & summer.  Plus all the events - it will be great.

The weekend after my birthday we headed to Lynchburg to see Margaret, Nanny & Kenny.  Ella LOVES her Aunt Margaret and they had a lot of fun playing together.  The pic below is them looking at birds on the bird feeder:
We got home Valentine's afternoon and I promptly got dressed and ready to head out with my mom to The Carpenter Center to see the Richmond Ballet (and Richmond Symphony) perform Romeo & Juliet.  I love the story - love the play, LOVE the Leo/Claire Danes movie - but wasn't so sure how much I'd like it as a ballet with none of Shakespeare's words.  I LOVED IT!

Jeff & I celebrated Valentine's on Monday, the 15th.  It was a great night with dinner & small gifts.  I got him a book, Ella got him a stuffed version of that brown thing that chases kittens in some internet thing.  He got me a Starbucks gift card.  Now that rocks.

Well, my little one has blessed me with 30 minutes of time, but is now up and fussing in her crib.  I need to start dinner anyhow.  See ya sometime soon...just maybe longer than 7 days.

No comments: