Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

National Day of Prayer

Since I posted yesterday about Maggie, I did not post my prayer in recognition of the National Day of Prayer that was yesterday.  I did put it on Facebook, but wanted to put it here too.

Thank you, God, for all of your good and perfect gifts. Often we are so overwhelmed by the circumstances in our life that we forget to say "thank you". I woke up today...so did Jeff, and Ella, and my mom and dad...so did my brother and sister-in-law...so did Jeff's family here and away from us. Thank you for our blessings. Thank you for the breath of life.

God, I ask you now for a personal thing - one that others may scoff at or find unimportant - Please watch over my Maggie. She's never been sick like she was last night and all this morning. Please watch over Dr. Taylor and his staff as they work to find the source of her trouble. She's the only dog in the world I've ever liked (much less loved) and she's been my buddy for all 10 years of her life. I know it seems trivial when I have a perfect little girl sleeping just down the hall, but there it is...please watch over my dog.

God, please watch over all those around me who are hurting, sick, lost, and in need of you. Please watch over Hailey Shupe (my cousin) in Iraq along with all others who are serving.

Please be with those in leadership of our country, Lord. Oftentimes we feel as though the whole world is going to hell in a handbasket. Help us to stop trusting in others and trust in YOU. So long as our trust, hope, faith, and devotion are in YOU FIRST, you will take care of us.

Please be with those in leadership at the church. Help them to feel your hand on them as they make decisions. Help them not to lay blame or to point fingers. Help the hurts to heal, God. Be with Daddy as he holds the spiritual heart of the church in his hands. Let him speak healing words to us. Be with those who have/are departing from us, God. Bless their way...lead them in your ways...

Thank you for the church family you have given me throughout my life. I have oftentimes seen it as a curse, but I am finding my way again, God. Thank you for the blessings and trials that come with being the preacher's kid.

God you are awesome and I worship you today - a day of prayer. Help me to do your will as I go forward from this moment. Help me bring peace to those around me. Help me to be your hands, your feet, your arms, your hands. Thank you for the opportunity to serve for you. I love you.

In Jesus' Name...Amen.

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

What a beautiful post! Amen.

ps Wanted to let you know that you won the $50 Target GC from the Tuesday Blog Party! Please go here and give Angela your info :)
http://fontenotkids.blogspot.com/
Congrats & Thanks so much for participating!